What we’re looking for
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a passionate and experienced Digital Marketing Manager to join the Consumer Marketing team. This person will be the voice of Overwatch across social media and digital platforms.
As a Manager for Digital Marketing, you will be the driving force of the team responsible for delivering creative work to our consumers through critical digital touchpoints. You will help lead our creative output from the beginning of the process; finding insights, developing strategy, briefing agencies, to driving creative, and executing plans on multiple verticals including web, video, social, etc.
You’ll lead our large-scale digital creative assignments, collaborating internally with multiple departments, aligning on briefs and product, communicating with other digital functions on needs, and delivering on time and at or above expectations. In addition to digital assignments, you’ll drive video content with external partners, creating episodic video content that’s culturally relevant for our consumers on owned and paid social platforms. You will be pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved and growing Overwatch’s brand presence on relevant social media platforms.
Additionally, you’ll be the day to day lead for agency partners, helping manage creative timelines, asset deliveries, feedback and strategy, while making sure there’s alignment internally across multiple departments on approvals and creative design and timing.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience working in client side marketing, driving large scale creative projects from initial product brief through completion, managing agency partners and working across a multi-tiered organization.
Experience managing a team and creating video content as well as a strong passion for gaming, technology, innovation, and social media are a huge plus, as well as being highly organized, and a creative thinker.
What you’ll do
- Develop strategy and insights based off product briefs
- Close Collaboration with Commercial org to build and execute product strike plans and campaigns
- Drive multi faceted digital campaigns across web, social, video, etc
- Work with the Blizzard partnerships team to pitch and deliver content for co branded campaigns
- Work with production teams to deliver content custom tailored for social and our community
- Drive social media strategy, development and execution for Overwatch across various social platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Twitch, etc.
- Be the main point of contact with development teams for digital creative
- Set process with international teams to deliver creative assets, assure alignment, and collaborate on global projects
- Research and build on “best practices” - IP learnings, paid media KPIs, competitive efforts, brand partner input (ex. Google, YouTube, Twitch, 1st party), etc.
- Analyze and report on content performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation across the Blizzard teams
- Act as public-facing representative of Blizzard and communicate on behalf of the Overwatch across multiple channels.
- Actively contribute to social media risk and crisis management
- Represent the voice of our players in internal conversations.
What you’ll bring
- 8+ years of client social / digital marketing experience
- Impeccable communication skills
- Passion for gaming, and a love for the Blizzard brand and games
- Strong strategic and creative background
- Appetite for all things digital and social – developing innovative campaigns leveraging the newest tech across platforms - and desire to identify opportunities for strategic brand involvement.
What you’ve done
- Set strategy, and delivered creative on large scale, 360 campaigns
- Managed internal and external resources, being a thought leader
- Worked collaboratively in a large organization, developing new strategic partnerships
- Driven inspired best-in-class marketing campaigns
- Built process and tools to help enable teams
- Experience working specifically in gaming or adjacent tech and entertainment categories is key.