Restaurants is a rapidly growing startup within TripAdvisor. With 4+ million listed places to eat worldwide and 450+ million unique monthly visitors, we help travelers and locals discover great restaurants and help restaurant owners market to those future diners. As a Principal Software Engineer on the Restaurants Team you will be expected to provide technical leadership and mentorship through technical design reviews, daily stand-ups, code reviews and ongoing support. You will work closely with developers, product managers and designers to shape our products. You will also help the team evaluate the size and shape of features and the impact of trade-offs.
Our product feedback loop is immediate which means we can rapidly iterate and deploy. If you enjoy building full stack applications from the ground up, leveraging the newest technologies to delight users, and executing like an entrepreneur, then you’ve found the right place. Technical focus includes full stack web development, reporting, analytics, web security, e-commerce, user interface and user experience development. We optimize the site with an iterative, agile, and data-driven approach by running several concurrent A/B tests each week - everyone is looking at the impact that the team makes to our numbers.
TripAdvisor is built on a massively scaled infrastructure and utilizes modern web technologies to create a cutting edge product.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience
- 2+ years of providing technical leadership to a small team
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Proven track record of owning and delivering complex technical projects
- Startup experience is a definite plus
- Design complex systems and lead the technical implementation of projects
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications, sizing, and implementation approaches
- Be responsible for the code quality on your team
- Mentor more junior engineers, showing them how to write efficient, scalable, decoupled, testable and maintainable code
- Develop, deploy and maintain full stack implementations of owner and consumer-facing features of the TripAdvisor Restaurant experience
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, operations and maintenance