Part of TripAdvisor, TheFork is the leading European restaurant booking platform, providing an online and mobile service to internet users to find, select and book restaurants.
TheFork connects restaurants and diners via TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor. Users can easily select a restaurant according to their own criteria (such as the localization, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult their reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online. For restaurants, TheFork provides a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservation management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues, following Yield Management principles of price variability relative to time, a practice used successfully in the travel and hotel industries.
TheFork, headquartered in Paris with over 700 employees, is operating in 18 countries under the brands LaFourchette (France, Switzerland), TheFork (Italy, Portugal, Brazil, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands and Australia), ElTenedor (Spain), Restorando (South America: Argentina, Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Panama and Uruguay).
What you will do:
The Manager Desktop Support oversees timely delivery of quality technical support service to our employees. The role supports the TripAdvisor internal customers utilizing the latest technology and providing the highest level of customer service. Based in the Barcelona office this position will be directly responsible for a fast growing geographical area for the business while working with a global services team to co-ordinate best in practice support and projects to enhance user experience, security and efficiency drivers.
This position will plan, coordinate, direct, and design the systems to support the activities of the Desktop Engineering organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for the daily service delivery of the department.
The successful candidate will have well-developed technical skills, a high level of customer service background, coaching and mentoring a distributed staff, metric focused, as well as take a hands on approach with the team. Working directly with LAF IT procurement oversight personnel to manage IT requests and tracking budget items. We’re a global company with over 3000 employees around the world and they will be depending on the systems you design, build and support to do their job.
- Metrics/Data Analysis - analyze reporting data and drive the business based on facts.
- Consistently meet the timelines of projects and assigned tasks.
- Continuously improve processes - Independently assess areas of opportunities that increase customer service and staff efficiencies.
- Leadership competencies to manage a diversified group of technical personnel by leading with example, inspiring and empowering them. Implement and clearly communicate processes regarding Standard Operating Procedures- (Schedules, After Hour Support, Ticket management and assignment, call escalation).
- Ability to manage co-support activities between TripAdvisor and subsidiaries technicians
- Coordinate with other departments and business stakeholders on technology deployments, system upgrades and maintenance outages. Communicate maintenance schedules, operational issues and impacts to IT management and business users.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and products provided by IT.
- Help define the team’s roadmap, plan out your projects, provide effort estimates, and manage the execution of the project.
- Be responsible for all stages of major IT projects from start to finish including design, implementation, testing, and operation.
- Develop, expand, and maintain the team’s technical documentation including run books.
- Measure capacity and performance trends to determine long-term needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage a 3rd party support group who provides TripAdvisor with tier 0 support. They receive incident tickets, phone calls, emails and other communications from customers requesting technical support for related desktop, laptop, peripherals and IT related issues.
- Ensure that efficient and reliable process are maintained between our 3rd party support vendor and the internal Desktop Engineers.
- Manage, motivate, lead and supervise the day-to-day operations of a team of 5 to 7 Desktop Support engineers to be as self managing group, who’s main responsibility is to resolve 2nd and 3rd level user support issues.
- Collaboration Experience and a history of design simplification, cost containment, improved user experience is essential to the overall role. Deep video conferencing is a plus
- Ensure that all support requests are well documented and accurately categorized in the IT ticketing system from the creation of the ticket to the successful resolution.
- Work with our IT Operations team to ensure proper processes are created so smooth escalations are well managed and closed off in a timely manner.
- Ensure Service Levels (SLA's) are in place and Key Performance indicators KPI's are defined, agreed upon and tracked for IT Services.
- Accountable for establishing and fulfilling SLAs on Service Desk and Desktop Support Ticket and Request queues.
- To ensure an efficient ticket handling and escalation process would involve but is not limited to workflow automation, documentation, self-service services and redundant ticket volume.
- Provide team leadership and strong management of related processes and resources including staff evaluation and performance feedback.
- Act as a point of escalation for unresolved or escalated needs and problem management.
- Plan quarterly goals / objectives for the team which would include quarterly projects that the Desktop Engineers Support team would need to accomplish in that quarter.
- Assess need for any departmental process changes (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement end user training programs, knowledge base systems and other tools to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk and Desktop Support Technicians and other junior staff.
- Experience with remote office support and distributed customer base
- Direct experience with budgeting, forecasting and procurement/vendor negotiations
- Direct experience with installation, maintenance and upgrading and/or replacement of the workstations, application software, collaboration solutions, room booking systems, meeting spaces, printers and other user peripherals.
- Infrastructure knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10, Apple platform support, Linux experience a plus and Microsoft Office Suite 2010/2013 and Mac Office 2016
- Knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Active Directory Administration,Google Enterprise Docs management (i.e. SAAS solutions), SSO
- Possesses an understanding of IT Services- service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure.
- Experience managing teams based on well-defined and understood metrics.
Who you are:
- Spanish and English speaking. French, Italian, Portuguese and other languages a plus.
- Ability to engage with business stakeholders at all levels to ensure strategy meets business needs at all times. Communication skills to set expectations.
- Analytical skills, data modelling for fact based decision-making, critical thinking and action taking is critical
- Initiative, good organizational skills, attention to detail, sound business judgment and excellent written/verbal skills.
- Working in a fast paced, cross-functional, agile multi-team environment.
- Receiving direction and producing results in a timely manner with minimum oversight.
- Prioritizing to meet deadlines while producing high quality results.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with users, customers, and other IT personnel.
- Driving for results, measuring results through quantitative means and taking initiative to affect change.
- Focusing on business outcomes and delivering work that improves business value.
- Creating positive customer experiences through active listening, appreciative inquiries, seeking feedback for action, fact based decision-making, continuous improvements and follow through.
- Project Management knowledge is a plus.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Computer Science desirable or equivalent working experience in similar role.
- At least five years' experience with IT Service Desk operations including Service Desk and Desktop leadership for companies with at least 3000 IT users.
- Knowledge of corporate desktop technologies including Microsoft Windows Operating systems, Active Directory, MS Exchange, Jira, SCCM / JAMF, endpoint protection tools, basic security, Mobile Device Management, Video Conference Systems, Asset Management, Workday knowledge, SAAS Management
- Technical Analytical Skills: SQL, JQL, MS Excel, Powershell scripting, Jamf and/or SCCM Administration & Reporting
What we offer:
- Permanent contract
- Competitive fixed salary
- Ticket Restaurant
- Interesting discount in private health insurance
- Compensation for practicing sports in any gym in Barcelona
- International working environment
- Dining and leisure area + terrace
- Coffee point on each floor with coffee and tea for free
- Well-being activities and benefits (massages, fresh fruit, free snacks, team-building events, etc.)