Blizzard Cloud is dedicated to powering the world's most epic entertainment experiences. To achieve this, we understand that epic entertainment demands epic infrastructure. Our mission is to provide a world class hybrid cloud with global reach. We focus on technologies that make Blizzard efficient, consistent, agile and portable across private and public cloud. We empower rapid iteration and rapid delivery - everywhere our game developers and player community need it.
In pursuit of our mission, we run one of the largest private Openstack clouds in the world across seven geographical sites. Operating at this scale comes with challenges. A core value of Blizzard is to learn and grow, so as we solve and overcome these challenges, we are compelled to share our solutions. To that end we contribute to many Openstack projects including Magnum, Senlin and Designate. While we continue to scale and grow an awesome private cloud, our strategy for the future is hinged upon multi cloud. We value public cloud for functionality, reach and scale when it makes sense. The agility offered by multi cloud has helped realize many successes.
As we look to our current and future plans, we have a need to increase our engineering capacity to ensure success. We are looking to hire an Associate Cloud Systems Engineer. This role will be focused on all operations and engineering aspects of our multi cloud environment. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with a strong engineering team, owning and operating a complex and challenging set of technologies.
Typical day-to-day responsibilities include the following:
- Cloud operations – support live operations
- Cloud engineering – deliver project work as identified by Cloud Leadership
- Identify routine tasks and actions that can be streamlined and automated
- Document operational processes and procedures
- Become familiar with the core Openstack products, and our public cloud governance program to the point where you can identify and troubleshoot more complex issues
- Participate in production support and on-call duties
- Good understanding of Linux and network fundamentals
- 3+ years' experience operating infrastructure (compute, network and storage)
- Experience with large-scale deployments involving private, hybrid, and/or public cloud platforms
- Ability to write software in Python or another language commonly used in systems administration
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code concepts and related tools. e.g. Git, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet
- Experience with the offerings of multiple large public clouds. g. AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience with OpenStack and Linux virtualization. e.g. KVM, Xen, VMWare
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!