Blizzard Entertainment's Story and Franchise Development (S&FD) team is a collection of industry-leading talent tasked with enriching Blizzard franchises on every front. We are storytellers who tell creative stories through a vast range of media formats. As part of S&FD, Blizzard cinematics invites you to join us as we pair with Blizzard’s game development teams to augment our franchises with interesting characters, rich stories, and gorgeous designs. Be a part of an organization that inspires millions and continue to extend the reach of our franchises to entirely new audiences. We take pride in hiring the best, and joining Blizzard cinematics means joining a family of craftsmen who build and support one another, all dedicated to crafting the most epic entertainment experiences… ever.
We are looking for a hardworking Previz Artist to contribute to the In-Game Cinematics team in crafting the next generation of our award-winning cinematics. The Previz Artist will create previz versions of sequences and shots that help support the director’s vision through appropriate use of staging, blocking, cameras, lenses, composition, motion, and editing. Are you the hero we're looking for?
- Create shots that clearly depict staging, blocking, camera motion, and character performance.
- Provide solutions to creative problems, and be capable of pitching ideas verbally.
- Clearly communicate with production staff and manage multiple production tasks simultaneously.
- Maintain technical cleanliness in all work. Proactively identify possible technical issues.
- Test previz assets and rigs.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years experience as a previz artist working in the game or film industries.
- Maya experience is required. Generalist level skill animating, modeling, rigging, shading, etc.
- Strong cinematic knowledge. Intrinsically understand composition, cameras, film language, and editing.
- Team oriented. Able to collaborate well with a director, supervisor, lead, art director, editor, etc.
- Collaborative attitude. Capable of growing through peer feedback and providing honest, constructive feedback to others.
- Solid production knowledge. Knows the workings of linked production departments (modeling, rigging, layout, animation, etc.).
Pluses and Bonus Skills
- Recognition of the general themes and style of each Blizzard franchise.
- Experience using camera capture systems from shooting through processing.
- Understanding of still camera photography. Capable of shooting well exposed and composed photos.
- Demo Reel/Portfolio of work in digital format (website, blog, online album, Google drive etc.). Physical media will not be accepted
- Cover letter (optional)
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.