Tracer, Winston, Pharah, Hanzo… these are just a few of the memorable heroes that inhabit our world. Our talented artists put their heart and soul into bringing these unique and visually stunning characters to life, and their ranks are growing. We want to meet a Senior Outsource Supervisor ready to step up and break new ground in the Overwatch universe.
Your broader experience with game development and the character pipeline will help you work collaboratively with designers, concept artists, technical artists and animators to ensure that you are always putting gameplay first when it comes to developing amazing characters.
In short, you’ll be part of a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly epic and immersive game experience.
Sound fun? If you’re up to the challenge, we want to hear from you!
Blizzard is looking for a highly motivated and talented Senior Character Supervisor to join its Overwatch art team in Irvine, California. This is a fulltime position that combines hands-on art direction and character content creation. We are searching for the type of artist who can give precise and constructive visual input, as well as implement feedback to direct external artists and guide them to successful results.
Do you have strong visual direction and communication skills that can help you guide and provide detailed feedback to external art vendors? Are you an experienced and flexible artist who can complete paint-overs and clarifying break-out sketches as well as collaborate with modelers and riggers to make final edits? Do you thrive on collaborating with other character artists to build and grow relationships and help identify art needs? If you are ready to add your passion to a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers who are working together to shape the growing world of Overwatch, please read on.
- Manage communications and provide feedback to artists and help maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Generate detailed documentation, visual reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
- Own the quality control over all incoming art assets, providing detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor in order to deliver quality assets to the development team.
- Implement approved assets into the game engine, along with making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and game ready.
- Work closely with the art director, senior character supervisor, production team, and outsource manager to determine outsourcing needs, pipelines, budgets and costs for art assets.
- Coordinate with the outsource manager to schedule and track incoming assets.
- Create 3D game character models
- Experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including Maya, Zbrush, and Photoshop
- Strong character, weapon, and environment modeling experience and skills
- Clear and concise communications, leadership, and people skills
- Must be highly organized, self-driven, customer focused, and a great team player
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a character artist
- Familiarity with Overwatch
- Experience working with outsourcing teams
- Experience in an art director or lead artist role
- Teaching experienc
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.