LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
What does it take to run one of the most well-known social networks with high performance, and multi-nines availability?
…thrive in developing and leading the most sought after talent in the industry?
...revel in overseeing thousands of data services and infrastructure of various open/closed source systems?
…take pride in overseeing the successful execution of significant technical undertakings?
…think that automation is a key component to operating a large-scale system?
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) leaders at LinkedIn oversee teams of managers and engineers responsible for the overall health and operational design of our big data platform systems and related applications. We are responsible for operating a centralized Data Lake that powers out data sciences, AI and product Insights at LinkedIn. As a Director of Site Reliability Engineering for analytics platforms and applications team, you'll use your rare combination of technical depth, organizational skills and verbal agility to build and lead a team of some of the best engineers in the industry. At this juncture, you will also be part of a transformational journey that involves building one of the world’s largest big data ecosystem on to public Cloud.
- Sets the strategic vision, technical direction and develop execution roadmap for the organization(roughly ~40 engineers).
- Focus on the needs of your customers. Build effective partnerships with the teams that rely on our services.
- Hire and mentor great engineers and engineering leaders.
- Maintain and uplevel a culture of engineering excellence.
- Serve as a role model of LinkedIn’s culture and values and coaches others to model these values.
- 10+ years in Engineering leadership focused on dev/ops based roles
- 5+ years in large scale big data & analytics ecosystem
- 4+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: Cloud data infrastructure, large Hadoop infrastructure or equivalent, ML platforms with a particular focus on availability, observability, and security.
- Experience attracting, retaining, and developing top engineering talent throughout the industry.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 4+ years of experience grooming and leading other people managers
- Experience with the full lifecycle of building, deploying, and maintaining a large scale public cloud service.
- Hands on experience operating distributed systems, databases, or other large scale data systems.
- Experience recruiting and mentoring industry leading engineering talent.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Masters in Computer Science