TripAdvisor is the largest global travel site and one of the largest and most successful advertisers in travel, with large, fast growing programs in retargeting (display and Facebook), prospecting, affiliate marketing, and a number of travel-specific advertising programs.
Our mission is to help make travel planning easy and enjoyable, helping travelers research, plan and book travel by connecting with likeminded people who share experiences and help with the decision-making process. We see travelers at all stages of the travel funnel, covering a wide swath of prospective hotel bookers, and we are focusing our efforts on educating those travelers about TripAdvisor’s combination of unique content (reviews and photos) together with price comparison tools that help people make the best decision about where to stay while traveling.
Our programs are currently focused on travelers low in the funnel, as they approach the point of booking their trip, but we are expanding that focus to include mid and upper funnel users who may have started the planning process but are not yet ready to book.
We use programmatic, data-centric approaches in all of these channels, with a heavy emphasis on iterative testing and experimentation. Our programs serve travelers in over 40 countries; everything we do is implemented on a global scale.
As we grow our business, we are looking for tech-savvy business leader who will scale our existing traffic sources and explore new areas of opportunity for growth.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Strategic business leader of a portfolio of online marketing channels, including display (both prospecting and retargeting), Facebook, affiliate, online video, CRM and several travel-specific programs
- Grow new channels and maximize regional and local opportunities within global markets
- Collaborate closely with marketing partners (Google, Criteo, Facebook, etc.), working with those partners to gain competitive advantage by influencing their product roadmaps, and taking first mover advantage of new product features as they are built
- Understand, manage and grow traffic to ensure plans are aligned toward targeting the right travelers at the right time with the right level of intent to book
- Brainstorm, validate, test and refine customer acquisition initiatives utilizing A/B split testing to ensure ongoing improvements.
- Own daily operational responsibilities including full P&L management of a $100M business.
- Make decisions that affect all critical aspects of your business from marketing, financial management, partnerships, operations, or even the launch of a new business.
- Drive daily performance, develop solutions and see them through as they are implemented. Develop and lead and organization of 80 team members comprised of marketing, creative, and technology functions.
- Advise TripAdvisor Senior Executive team, helping to define market investment strategy and execution plans
- 12+ years managing retargeting and prospecting programs for large, performance-oriented online businesses, either directly or in a mix of direct, agency and/or other third-party roles (e.g. in the role of a bid management vendor)
- 10+ years of experience in business leadership roles, with both P&L and team management responsibility.
- Experience managing a team of channel managers with a record of success achieving clear, performance-based goals
- Deep knowledge of the online advertising and ad tech space, and a robust understanding of online advertising best practices.
- Quantitative mindset, ideally with a strong technical background and education (degree in a quantitative area such as computer science, applied mathematics, econometrics, or one of the physical sciences a plus)
- Experience working closely with strong engineering, data science and product teams, helping to define and implement a technical product roadmap
- Managed multiple global advertising markets at scale (tens of millions of dollars of spend per year or more)
- Experience and familiarity with API-based programmatic buying, preferably working with technology teams directly integrating with major search engines
- Experience working in a collaborative, open workplace culture with an emphasis on transparency
- Clear communicator and a good listener, comfortable advising and collaborating with senior management teams
- Experience in online travel a plus, but not essential
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.