QA Automation Manager, Business Applications
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and everyday millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
LinkedIn is looking for a highly motivated team player ready to play a key role of QA Automation Manager, Business Application group (BizApps).
The position will be responsible for leading QA team, advancement of DevOps practices and developing and implementing QA testing strategy inclusive of people, process and tools. This role will closely work with senior management as well as foster relationships with key stakeholders to apprise of technologies and trends in QA Automation/DevOps; proactively identifies opportunities for using technology for realizing business and IT strategy. Effectively collaborates with other members of the QA team, Development, and project team to align work efforts and develop/execute tactical plans. Role requires hands-on experience with testing and DevOps tools.
- Develop and implement a QA Testing Strategy inclusive of people, process, and tools
- Analyzing changing business requirements and develop effective test strategies and plans
- Own the overall technical road-map of automated testing solutions in collaboration with Development, QA and Infrastructure teams
- Assist teams in design and development of testing automation scripts for Oracle ERP Application including Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, and web-based custom applications
- Provide expertise in implementing and managing new testing automation standards (based on industry best practices) and frameworks
- Advocate for the advancement of DevOps practices and CICD (Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery)
- Innovate for continuous improvement, implementing optimizations for additional value and efficiencies
- Manage and provide guidance to the vendor managed testing team.
- Role requires 30% management and 70% hands-on work.
- Develop and maintain KPI driven test automation framework(s) for continuous improvement
- New and innovative ways to continuously enhance the quality of our applications by enhancement of current framework, building automation & DevOps, thrive in bring in innovations and implement NextGen in to Testing delivery
- Support multiple cross-functional project teams with estimation, planning, and strategy for testing ERP systems, Web applications, micro services, Business Analytics and integrations
- 6+ years of experience in leading and overseeing quality assurance work and leading vendor managed testing services.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in building out automation frameworks within the Enterprise QA specifically with automation frameworks such as Selenium, HP UTF, Jenkins, etc
- Experience with tools and technologies spanning Relational Databases, Big Data, Cloud Platforms (Azure) and Web Services
- 2+ years of experience with DevOps and CI/CD delivery methodology, technologies and implementation.
- BS/BA degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Nice to have exposure to business applications such as Oracle ERP, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Power BI and other cloud-based applications
- Nice to have exposure to Web technologies (Microsoft & Java)
- Operational exposure to Azure technology stack and Big Data Ecosystem
- Possess a deep understanding of SQA methodologies and practices
- Track record for driving strategic quality initiatives from ideation and planning through execution and implementation
- Strong experience with Test Management Tools (HP ALM and Azure DevOps) and test data management tools (GenRocket)
- Able to effectively work in partnership with customers, vendors, and peers; possess excellent written and oral communication skills in advocating for a proactive and pragmatic approach to testing & DevOps
- Strong experience working on different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Iterative and Agile)
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results