Does Blizzard sound like an awesome place to work? Do you want to make it even more awesome?
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking enthusiastic Software Engineers to join our Corporate Applications group in Irvine, CA. You'll help build tools used every day at Blizzard for game production, IT, QA, communications, operations control, and more!
Successful Senior Engineers in Corporate Applications collaborate cross-discipline to create epic applications used by employees worldwide. They instinctively share knowledge and push the department forward by learning from each other and promoting the same. They have a robust background in .NET, stack testing, an aptitude for critical thinking, and aren’t afraid to debug foreign legacy code. Our portfolio is large and diverse, and often has unknown lifetime so it’s crucial to be able ask the right questions and be ready to pivot.
In addition to being individually accomplished, our Senior Engineers are expected to align teams, mentor engineers, and participate in technical discussions to help make sure we're building the right solutions with appropriately sized milestones. Senior Engineers work closely with their teams and leadership to commit to quality and deliver it consistently. They track metrics so we can run impactful sprints and they know when and how to communicate risks.
We strive for applications to be clean, simple, stable, and sustainable. Our ideal candidate is well-rounded with a track record of delivering reliable and SOLID solutions. They reflect on lessons learned from both success and failure. They are inquisitive in technical discussions and decision-making while embracing production processes.
You will need a strong sense of ownership developing high quality, sustainable, and relevant solutions. Are you comfortable with ambiguity? Can you confront complexity?
Are you up for the challenge?
- Pride with automated testing methodologies
- Pragmatism working with legacy code and greenfield projects
- Comfortable working on cross-discipline teams (Engineering, Design, UX, Production, QA, etc.)
- Proficient in creating technical documentation
- Aptitude for parallel programming and development (TPL, promises)
- Experience with SOA and SOLID
- Comfortable with RDBMS concepts
- Share responsibility for upkeep and support of Production systems
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages
- Comfortable with visualization frameworks (d3.js, Canvas, Unity)
- KPI and metric management fundamentals
- Exposure to AMQP
- Familiarity with horizontally scalable design
- Fluent with VS IDEs, Git, Jira, SemVer, Containers, Jenkins, Octopus
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences‚ ever. Join us!