Software Engineer, Personalization Engine and Live Services
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of an epic game than the work of developers and more than you can ever imagine goes into continuing to build and hone and perfect the most epic gaming experience in the years after our games are in the hands of gamers worldwide.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an Engineer with software and data development experience to join our Global Insights team and help shape the next generation of personalized player experiences. We are developing data-driven services to provide engaging real-time experiences to our players across multiple games. As part of this role, you will be responsible for contributing to the design, implementation, and maintenance of these services.
Knowledge and Experience
- Work with a team of engineers to build large scale data products and features.
- Debug issues in a production environment across multiple levels of the stack.
- Communicate effectively with the team and stakeholders.
- Promote positive engineering and team culture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience on a software team preferably building back-end data services, APIs, or microservices in a large-scale production environment.
- Good experience working with relational databases and writing SQL
- Data Modelling and optimization concepts and experience
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs.
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Spark, Flink, Hive, etc.)
- DevOps experience using containers on Kubernetes, or virtualization experience on OpenStack
- Experience with workflow schedulers like Airflow
- Cloud Development Experience on platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure, or IBM Cloud
- MPP Database Solutions, Data Warehousing Technologies
- Full-stack Experience (Infrastructure, Storage, Databases, ETL, Web Services, Visualization)
- Java preferred
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences.