Business Operations Manager – Global Go-To-Market Operations Strategy
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
Our Business Operations team is seeking a passionate, highly strategic, driven, and analytical Manager to partner with leaders from our Global Operations Organization to tackle high-priority strategic questions, and be part of the core Business Operations (“Biz Ops”) team responsible for objective analysis, operational insights, and strategic initiatives across all of LinkedIn.
The Biz Ops team is broadly aligned to the functional areas of the organization, and this role will be a key member of the team focused on working with LinkedIn Global Operations. The role is highly cross-functional, requiring solid business acumen and influence skills to identify, prioritize, and implement high-impact initiatives. The ideal candidate will be passionate about go-to-market models in general and LinkedIn specifically. The position is based in San Francisco.
- Partner with the Global Operations organization to shape the vision and optimize the execution of diverse teams which include Sales Development and Sales Operations, among others.
- Identify opportunities to increase sales productivity and improve operational efficiency across LinkedIn’s four commercial lines of business (Talent Solutions, Marketing Solutions, Sales Solutions, and Learning Solutions)
- Bring clear thinking and excellent problem-solving skills to a range of challenging business questions
- Deliver strategic projects for our leadership that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives
- Identify, diagnose and resolve performance issues, define actionable and innovative improvement levers, and support implementation/rollout of your recommendations
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our various businesses and develop deep understanding of key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
- Communicate effectively with partners at all levels, especially senior executives
- Cultivate relationships with cross-functional teams such as Product, Marketing, Finance, Business Development and Corporate Development to drive strategic initiatives
- BA/BS degree in engineering, math, statistics, physics, computer science or related discipline
- 6+ years of experience in strategy consulting, investment banking or a strategy-related role
- MBA degree
- Practical experience: Experience with enterprise software, SaaS or online advertising; Experience in sales with an interest in order-to-cash operations, digital media, consumer technology and online monetization
- Highly analytical: experience decomposing and solving real world business problems, ideally building/using advanced Excel models. SQL a plus.
- Natural problem-solver: comfortable with data and ambiguity, and able to both delve into the details and engage meaningfully on the overall strategy
- Effective communications: Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Initiative and ownership: Ability to act with limited oversight on day-to-day basis, balancing multiple priorities
- Proactive and passionate: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations
- High-energy, team-first attitude: Motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
- Executive presence: Experience working closely with senior executives to solve challenging business problems; Ability to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership