TripAdvisor is seeking an experienced Internal Communications professional to work with the Executive Leadership Team and other internal stakeholders to develop an employee communication strategy and corporate narrative that amplifies the company vision, strategy and marketing initiatives internally within our global organization. This role will be responsible for supporting Human Resources and the needs of other senior leaders inside TripAdvisor, including our CEO, to develop and implement communications programs, inclusive of executive communications.
We’re looking for a relationship builder who is proficient at storytelling, understands brand communications and can come up with creative and innovative ideas to inform, motivate, delight and engage employees through multiple channels: content, events and employee technologies like company Intranets, Slack and other social communications tools. We’re looking for an excellent writer and experienced executive communicator; someone who is highly strategic about messaging plus the frequency and methods of message distribution. The individual must be goal-oriented and a great collaborator, a teammate to others at all levels, across the company. Someone who thinks globally, has project managed programming across global companies and has the capacity to build a best-in-class internal communications team. Someone who also understands how strategic internal communications can drive both organizational needs and grow a positive culture.
This role reports into the Vice President of Global Communications with a dotted line into the Executive Leadership Team
- Connect, inform and inspire employees at every level, across HQ and global locations, to the company’s mission, strategic priorities and values
- Work closely with the Executive Leadership Team to align on our strategy, goals, and priorities and develop and disseminate their important messages to employees
- Design structure and develop and editorial calendar of internal messages that will be pushed through a variety of communication mediums such as email, face-to-face, videos, events, office signage, etc.
- Lead a review and governance process to improve channel content quality and its impact on employees
- Own strategy and results for keeping employees in all office locations informed on important organizational news and updates in a timely, relevant, and engaging manner
- Provide strategic, direct hands-on support to key senior executives at TripAdvisor, inclusive of supporting events and written communications
- Partner closely with Comms, Investor Relations & People team on companywide communications, including situations of crisis and change management
- Proactively identify new opportunities and develop new programs to continually up level our internal communications program, inclusive of celebrating external accolades, major product launches, highlighting employee/team achievements.
- Oversight and management of content across information systems, including the company intranet, inclusive of:
- Owning submission templates, layout, style and format for all pages on intranet to ensure consistency, voice, and representation of brand
- Responsible for ongoing content review process, ensuring consistency of new content added to site and in line with employer brand
- Responsible for intranet auditing and refreshing stale and out-of-date content using automation as much as possible
Experience & Skills
- 10+ years of experience developing strategy and execution in an internal and executive communications role
- Focus on employee engagement or employee experience preferred.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to craft and deliver presentations to large and small groups; deep understanding of grammar, strong attention to detail and fine-tuned editorial skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify emerging trends in communications, develop related strategies and effectively translate them into actionable plans
- Proven success building and implementing programs that inform and delight team members
- Thrives in highly fluid situations and fast-paced environments
- Self-starter, independently motivated, leads oneself and others
- Experience tailoring communications to distributed offices,
- Experience interfacing and working with executives
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Comfortable with (or desire to learn) basic video and visual content creation/editing tools; familiarity with other internal communications tools and platforms, e.g. intranet services, events and survey tools, technologies like Slack, etc.