It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the role
Common is seeking a Frontend Software Engineer who is excited about building the future of city living and developing a best in class experience for our tenants. You will develop solutions to complex problems in a highly regulated industry through beautiful, fast, and intuitive cross device applications. Our current digital product charter is to build software to support the next 100,000 tenants living in Common. We still have work to do and you will have an important impact in developing our frontend.
The ideal candidate is highly technical and has a background in product engineering. You have an eye for design, lack ego, love learning, and have previously worked on a team which delivered high quality and intuitive products. You believe in taking calculated risks and bringing data to the conversation. You are excited about rethinking the rental and tenant experience and already have ideas for how to make it better.
- Design and develop frontend features and components to boost engagement, streamline processes, increase operating throughput, and generate new streams of revenue
- Write well tested maintainable code while continuously delivering value to the business
- Be responsible for the lifecycle of a project from drafting a technical specification, to releasing in production, and everything in-between
- Provide peer feedback on pull requests and technical implementations
- Participate in internal engineering talks, mentorship, interviewing, and stewarding our technical standards
- Help shepherd and iterate on our engineering culture and values
- Triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- A degree in computer science is preferred but not required. However, you should have a strong grasp of CS fundamentals.
- Passion for great UI/UX and building intuitive experiences
- High emotional intelligence, empathy, self-awareness, and optimism
- Experience writing unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Understanding of programming patterns and software development principles
- Strong communicator, collaborator, and relationship builder
- Bonus: Experience with TypeScript, React Native, Next.js, GraphQL, or Ruby on Rails
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.