Manager, Social Support
The Manager, Social Support is responsible for leading a team of Social Media Customer Service Specialists dedicated to providing support to LinkedIn individual members and corporate customers. The team’s focal point will be to support all of Customer Operation’s support areas via Social Media which means they will need to have a deep understanding of a broad range of product and process knowledge. This team will be expected to not only support customer inquiries for various GCO support areas, but they will also be expected to identify opportunities to refine and make improvements to existing processes, policies and tool efficiencies. This team is critical to member success and cultivation of customer delight.
The Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction to this team of representatives to ensure their success as measured against performance goals. The Manager will provide coaching and guidance with regard to the quality of client interactions, daily operations and to assess resources and staff needs for the team. In addition, the manager will be responsible for the implementation of strategy and plans for the team, while adjusting processes to meet overall corporate objectives. Participation in the development of staff growth and operational planning will also be required.
- Develop and lead a team of Social Support Specialists responding to inquiries from LinkedIn clients through emails, Facebook posts, tweets and discussion boards.
- Ensure maximum customer satisfaction by ensuring staff is properly trained on LinkedIn policies and processes.
- Work with the Leadership team to improve processes, policy and tools to ensure the entire customer experience is exceptional.
- Manage end to end escalation process for GCO, ensuring proper handling of member escalations and report on frequency, training opportunities, and trends.
- Identify product opportunities to improve the customer experience and assist staff in preparing and delivering proactive messages to customers. Work with peer managers to leverage best practices and understand new trends within the marketplace.
- Lead completely. Meet regularly with direct reports on performance goals and ensure that quarterly progress reviews are completed with each employee under management.
- Provide coaching and support to Customer Support representatives with an emphasis on quality.
- Ensure that skill development and reinforcement occurs to build excellent communication skills and core business knowledge for optimum customer experience.
- 5+ years in one or more of the following areas in Customer Support, Marketing, Social Media or Account Management
- 3+ years of people management experience
- BS/BA degree
- Previous experience managing remote employees
- Experience in leading a team of individuals to meet assigned financial, customer satisfaction and performance targets
- Coaching of subordinate staff in customer communications, product knowledge, cross-selling and the application of basic business principles
- Direct experience in utilizing analytical skills to identify critical trends and results
- Demonstrated project and relationship management skills. Results-orientation to meet and exceed assigned financial and customer satisfaction goals
- Excellent internal and external communications skills
- Substantial prior experience in a consumer internet or a SaaS company
- Truly understand customer needs and serve an advocate for the customer’s interests within the LinkedIn organization.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to execute across a cross-functional team
- Ability to work independently
- Strong knowledge of PC based Internet and software applications.
- Knowledge of external systems and software (The Internet, Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to communicate effectively via telephone by utilizing active listening, soft skills, and clearly speaking to the customer
- Ability to communicate effectively via email transmission by utilizing soft skills, proper grammar and punctuation skills
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with co-workers and peers